The Senior Benefits Analyst position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, leaves of absence, paternal leave tracking, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, 401(k) plan, and paid time off).
Duties and responsibilities
· Communicate effectively with vendors, internal departments and employees. This includes Senior Level Leaders.
· Monitors all file processing for enrollments, COBRA, terminations, life events, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and ACA compliance testing.
· Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes, while continuing to identify efficiencies and process improvements.
· Works effectively with HRIS technology, including Workday, BusinessSolver, ADP, and carrier systems.
· Primary point of contact for day-to-day inquiries. Take calls, handle emails and act as an escalation point from our benefits advocate center.
· Provide coaching and training to team members regarding Sunrun’s benefit programs.
· Reconcile benefits billing statements and conduct monthly audits to identify and correct discrepancies.
· Primary point of contact for leaves of absence and payroll processing
· Superior problem solving and best practice creation
Requirements (knowledge, skills, Education, Certifications and Experience)
· Strong Data Entry Skills and Excel Skills. Must be able to work in Excel, this includes performing Vlookups.
· High Standards: expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
· Organization and Planning: plans, organizes, prioritizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner
· Project Management: demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
· Follow-Through on Commitments: lives up to verbal and written agreements
· Enthusiasm: exhibits passion and excitement over work, has a can-do attitude and a commanding presence
· Teamwork: reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
· Creativity/Innovation: generates new and innovative approaches to problems, takes initiative
· Communication: listens for meaning, translates concepts effectively, speaks and writes clearly and articulately
· Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change
· Relevant health, leaves of absence, and retirement experience
· Undergraduate degree or comparable education and experience required.
· Thrives in a start-up, fast-paced and high growth environment with a strong sense of ownership and leading regardless of title or tenure.
· Working knowledge of relevant benefits laws including HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, ACA, FMLA, and DOL and IRS guidelines and rulings.
· Ability to perform normal office duties
· Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
· Ability to interact and participate in meetings
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.