- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field (accounting, finance or economics) or equivalent work experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of public company or public accounting experience. Renewable energy background or experience, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years prior management experience.
- Background in both corporate & partnership tax with responsibility for tax compliance, accounting and tax planning support.
- MS Excel, tax and accounting research tools, enterprise/general ledger (GL) systems, and tax compliance applications.
- Advanced understanding of partnership tax principles and tax accounting guidance, a plus.
- Strategic planning abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and sound business judgment; self-starter able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to proactively gather and synthesize data from internal and/or external sources, and to guide the analysis of complex issues.
- Ability to direct functional and company-wide initiatives.
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to direct financial processes related to tax and capacity to implement control procedures while driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.