We are looking for a talented Channel Sales Trainer who will develop, deliver, schedule and program manage role-focused curricula for Sunrun’s growing Channel network on company products (including financial products), sales strategies, operations processes and procedures, competition, software and related topic areas.
This role requires vision and execution chops. Many have one or the other, we need both. This includes managing stakeholder expectations and communications as well as quality and fiscal management. This is a highly visible position with exposure to Sunrun’s entire Channel network.
It will require significant multi-tasking and willingness to take on various training and support responsibilities.
• Run weekly webinars, in-person trainings, as well as spending approximately 15-30% of your time physically working with and coaching sales teams in the field.
• Consult with the Training Manager and supporting Sunrun business leaders to ensure appropriate training needs are being met.
• Collaborate with internal Sunrun Channel leadership and stakeholders on overall training initiatives, strategies and alignments to ensure full adoption of training programs, educational initiatives and track progress.
• Discover and aid in the designing of eLearning and training content, tools, and assessments for knowledge transfer and on-going development.
• Perform individual coaching session or ride-a-longs with Channel sales reps to evaluate and guide sales processes.
• Can analyze data to identify problem(s) and come up with solutions.
• Drive adoption and full utilization of program tools, incentives and initiatives.
• Create and follow service level agreements with leadership teams, from various departments.
• Set performance goals, measure results, and report metrics via SFDC, Looker, etc.
• Creates training objectives and metrics to assess if training objectives are met.
• Can effectively manage own deadlines and complete multiple projects.
• Can showcase our sales process from lead generations to PTO and can transfer that knowledge to our Channel sale reps.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Quota-carrying sales experience a plus.
• 4 years of experience in sales, sales training, sales enablement, with focus on B2C field sales, channel sales or inside sales.
• Proven ability to facilitate live instructor-led sales training (on products, process, or skills related training topics).
• Personality, confidence, and polish to engage upstream with executives, downstream with the partners, and across business units with Marketing, Product, POST/Help Desk, Sales and other groups within the company. Requires the ability to influence and gain acceptance from others on sales and process training initiatives.
• The ability to think strategically yet is grounded in the tactical execution of vision.
• Someone who blends technical aptitude with business savvy and has demonstrated success managing complex projects from start to finish.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
• Proactive and self-directed: Must be able to define and scope new initiatives with minimal guidance based on field input and relevant field data.
• Experience with Channel Training initiatives.
• Dynamic and proven presentation and written communication skills a must.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer contact experience.
• Solid computer skills, including MS Office and preferably some CRM experience, including ability to create and run reports.
• SFDC experience preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check and have acceptable driving record.
• Ability to perform normal office duties
• Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
• Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
• Ability to interact with Channel partner personnel and participate in meetings
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner, in accordance with local and state laws
• Ability to travel from Channel Partner to Channel Partner
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.