Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- At least 8 years of experience in general industry, construction, engineering or electrical trade work. Three years of this experience must be as a manager, supervisor, or equivalent position of leadership;
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field of study is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations for construction and general industry (Federal, OSHA, and the basics of other state programs);
- Subject matter expertise in the areas of fall protection, electrical safety, heat illness prevention, safe driving techniques, power tool use and ergonomics.
- Be a self motivated team player who strives to make a positive impact on the safe performance and overall success of Sunrun;
- Cross-functional partnership skills with human resources, operations, warehouse logistics, and sales staff to drive a culture of safety throughout the organization;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with regard to professional presence, internal communication and customer interaction;
- Experience in developing and delivering professional presentations to line employees and leaders
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and risk assessment;
- Familiarity with the insurance industry, specifically workers’ compensation claims;
- Working knowledge of the common email systems, including Gmail and Google Docs;
- Familiarity with the geography and social cultures of the Southeastern United States a plus;
- Journeyman electrical certification is a plus, but not required;
- Solar industry experience preferred, but not required.
Physical demands/Essential functions*:
- Drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
- Climb extension ladders and work in attics/crawl spaces and on pitched rooftops
- Work safely on construction jobsites, and warehouses
- Operate office equipment including computers
- Positively interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Work in outdoor weather conditions
- Travel commercially as directed or required
*Reasonable accommodations will be made for the disabled employee, if necessary.