- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication and relationship skills to represent Sunrun with key external audiences including counterparties, partners and vendors.
- Comfort and fluency engaging with analysts and directly with technical models to structure concepts
- Creative, open-minded, flexible; able to develop and advance new and innovative concepts with counterparties
- Capable of balancing competing and constantly changing priorities in an evolving landscape
- Attention to technical and operational detail
- Keen discernment of risk factors and adeptness at identifying mitigation
- Readiness to engage cross-functionally at every level to create alignment for successfully securing and executing against opportunities
- Experience in the power sector, with experience with energy storage and/or solar, including behind-the-meter solar or storage, preferred.
- Experience with utility business development and/or utility program management
- Demonstrated track record of successful business or project development, for which there is a preference for a track record of doing so with large enterprise customers or counterparties, in regulated industries and/or through complex public tenders (power sector or otherwise).
- Demonstrated ability to construct sophisticated financial models, engage with technical models, and form project management structures
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience demonstrating progressively increasing scope of responsibility
- BA required; masters in relevant field preferred.
- Any of the following experience is beneficial: experience structuring complex commercial contracts, energy regulatory experience at the federal or state level, consumer product experience.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.