Sunrun is seeking an experienced and innovative Production Planner with a record of continuous improvement and demonstrated success in production management. The Production Planner will be primarily responsible to create and manage the Master Production Schedule for new SnapNrack product lines to ensure on-time delivery and efficient
resource and inventory utilization. On a bi-weekly basis collect, compile, and analyze Product Forecasts from Demand Planner.
Develop a material and resource constrained Production Plan and calculate projected inventory positions and purchasing
requirements. Administer a monthly meeting with Sales, Applications Engineering and Product Management to review plans and gain consensus.
Master Production Scheduling
- Create a 16-Week Master Production schedule for all in-house production, fabrication and kitting operations.
- Manage material constraints, administer re-scheduling requests for materials, re-plan MPS to mitigate the impact of material
- Manage scheduled ship dates from production Orgs, ensure 16-Week MPS meets on-time delivery targets
- Manage resource constraints, produce a Rough Cut Capacity Requirements Report and work with production management
team to optimize the rough cut capacity plan. Re-plan MPS to resolve resource under and over utilization. Report pull-ahead
production and production scheduling late.
- Create dynamic and impactful reports of the 16-week MPS for sales and product management teams. Reports to include,
production schedule, capacity utilization, production schedule attainment and exception reporting.
Work Order Management
- Review and release work orders from MRP workbench on a weekly basis. Resolve material and resource shortages. Ensure
the production schedule is attainable within daily shift calendar.
- Manage expedite and escalation requests
- Manage material revisions, non-standard work orders, re-work and other work order exceptions
- Manage outside processing work orders with material releases, traffic management and scheduled receipts
- Manage rescheduling of work orders past due work orders and report scheduling exceptions.
Material Purchase Request Management
- Utilizing Oracle MRP workbench, review material requirements for 16-week MPS, release planned orders and manage
scheduled receipt date requests.
- Collaborate with sourcing and purchasing to ensure MOQs and EOQs are maintained.
- Analyze and report on scheduled receipts (cost, volume, frequency). Maintain raw material and WIP inventory turns and Weeks of Supply within targets.
- Manage BOM and Routing changes to minimize Excess and Obsolete material.
New Product Planning
- Validation Material Planning - Release Purchase Orders and Work Orders for Validation Material requirements (expense
material for certification testing and beta pilots). Administer scheduled receipts and work orders and report on material or work order exceptions.
- Validation Material Fulfillment - Coordinate with Sunrun logistics to complete validation material shipments to ensure on-time delivery to test sites.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management or similar discipline highly desired; or Equivalent experience, such as formal training in materials management, APICS certification, or continuous education in related fields. 3+ years experience as a Master Scheduler, Production Control Analyst, Inventory Specialist in a build to order environment. 3+ years experience in MRP execution and implementation of work orders, min/max, consignment and free stock material management systems. Experience in an Oracle ERP environment and/or Oracle ERP implementation experience. Successful track record of Lean Manufacturing/Materials operations and implementation. Advanced-to Expert level Excel skills, mandatory. SQL and/or MS Access Query Design preferred. Detail oriented with a systems outlook. Expert analytical and structured problem solving skills. Concise communications skills and ability to influence stakeholders across all levels of the organization. Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to execute on multiple projects within defined timelines. Brings self-motivated and can-do attitude. Takes the initiative, identifies and implements improvement opportunities. A team player with ability to maintain focus and good humor whilst working in a fast paced environment with rapidly shifting requirements. Benefits: Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture Medical (including PPO, HMO and HSA options), Dental and Vision coverage Stock option grants for New Hires Life insurance coverage at no cost to employees 401K & Roth retirement account options Pre-tax commuter and dependent care benefits Robust management training & leadership development programs Access to hundreds of discounts through Any Perk Lots of free Sunrun swag The opportunity to work for a company that’s disrupting an industry, and changing the world Physical Demands: Ability to perform normal office duties Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work Ability to interact and participate in meetings Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.